The unexpected happens more often than you think
Long distances and a large number of participants can increase the complexity of the supply chain. A transportation accident, a tropical storm or damage in a port terminal can result in increased costs.
The liability per law is limited, leaving you with a considerable uncovered financial gap.
As an example, if the value of your goods, transported over the sea is $100/kg, your legal liability would be $2.8/kg, leaving you with a $97.2/kg financial gap (according to the Hague-Visby Rules). With DACHSER’s Transport Insurance Air & Sea you get full coverage of your good with zero deductible.
DACHSER Transport Insurance AIR & Sea provides you with:
- Customized, comprehensive best in class all-risk no-deductible insurance
- Door-to-door coverage
- Internationally recognized standard conditions (DTV 2000/2008, ICC-A)
- Individualized risk and premium calculation
- Cost transparency thanks to the billing of premiums on a per-shipment basis
- Insurance advice on national, international and multimodal shipments, as well as warehouse activities
- Specialized insurance department provides support in all matters