USMCA (United States Mexico Canada Agreement)
The USMCA enters in effect from July 1, 2020. For merchandise entered into commerce ON OR before June 30,, the NAFTA rules will continue to apply.
For merchandise entered into commerce ON OR before June 30,, the NAFTA rules will continue to apply.
New rules of origin, De Minimis, Certificate of origin data elements and format, protection of workers; rights in key industries, digital trade chapter and enhanced protection of intellectual property rights.
- To assist importers, exporters and the trade industry in this transition, U.S. Customs and Border Protection has developed a USMCA Center.
- Upcoming or previously recorded webinars can be found on the CBP Trade Outreach Page
- Trade support calls have also been scheduled June 24th through July 8th. For details, follow this link to CSMS #43145637
- USMCA Trade Support Calls
Interim Implementation Instructions
- On June 16, 2020, U.S. Customs and Border Protection published updated implementation instructions to the trade, full details can be found on the USMCA page and on CSMS #43062320
- USMCA – Updated Implementation Instructions
- USMCA – CSMS #43062320 – Updated Implementation Instructions
Certification of origin
For additional Information & assistance, please contact your local DACHSER representative.
DACHSER USA Air & Sea Logistics Inc.
Address: 2839 Paces Ferry Rd SE, Ste 300, Atlanta, GA 30339
Phone: +1 770 991 7555