Update from China on COVID-19 restrictions
The pandemic situation remains unchanged in China. This results in further current developments in air, sea and land transport, which we would like to inform you about in the following, as they may have an impact on your supply chain:
- The city of Zhengzhou has implemented restrictions on road transportation for two weeks starting April 15. Highway entries are closed, therefore, trucking service between Zhengzhou Airport (CGO) and other cities, including Shanghai, is likely to be affected.
- Due to the pandemic measures in Shanghai, many cargo aircrafts are diverted from PVG Airport to other airports in China. Guangzhou Airport (CAN) and Shenzhen Airport (SZX) are experiencing import cargo congestions. Some terminals at the two airports have announced short-term import control measures, which may have an impact on some airlines, depending on which terminal they use.
- Despite the challenges, the network capability of DACHSER has improved compared to last week. Import and export shipments are handled effectively by using road feeder services between Shanghai and the alternative airports. DACHSER’s capacity situation has eased on both sides of our North China- and EMEA gateways.
- The situation in Shanghai, Jiangsu Province and Zhejiang Province persists with overload, low efficiency and dynamic road restrictions, making it increasingly difficult to handle sea freight shipment out of Shanghai. The teams of DACHSER in Shanghai, Ningbo, Suzhou and Nanjing are working closely together to provide solutions wherever it is possible.
- Meanwhile, Dalian, Tianjin and Qingdao are stable with no impacts from COVID-19 restrictions.
The situation continues to change rapidly. Local representative at DACHSER will be happy to answer any questions regarding shipments and possible alternatives.