Join the excitement of a dynamic company that leads the logistics industry with a worldwide range of logistics services. For over 88 years, DACHSER USA has provided intelligent logistics services and now employs over 29,000 people worldwide in 396 locations globally.
DACHSER USA is currently seeking a Warehouse Specialist to join its Chicago Office located in Elk Grove Village, IL. The Warehouse Specialist is responsible for operating powered equipment for the purpose of moving, locating, packing and counting warehouse inventory.
Duties of the position include:
- Load, unload, move, and stock products using a forklift or other power equipment.
- Pull and prepare products to be shipped, ensuring accuracy of product type.
- Keep detailed records and reports for inventory accuracy.
- Verify load accuracy; check the load count, stability, and product damage, report variances as necessary.
- Maintain the facility's equipment and materials in a neat, clean, and orderly fashion.
- Complete daily inspections of equipment.
- Comply with all OSHA standards and operate in a manner that promotes safety.
- Maintain a clean, neat, and orderly work area.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by management.
Requirements of the position include:
- High school diploma or its equivalent.
- Desire to provide excellent customer service for customers and co-workers.
- Forklift operator certificate or satisfactory completion of a forklift-training program is required within the first 30 days of employment. Training/certification provided by the company.
- Warehouse and forklift experience is helpful, but not necessary.
- Ability to mount and dismount forklift through the duration of the shift which requires bending, stretching, stepping, reaching, climbing, and stooping.
- Ability to follow work procedures and safety rules.
- Ability to use automated inventory control equipment.
- Ability to load/unload, lift/move equipment/product which may weigh up to 50 pounds throughout the duration of a shift.
DACHSER USA offers a generous benefits package and competitive salary. DACHSER USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a drug-free workplace.
To apply, please forward your resume, cover letter and salary request to:
Hiring Manager at hrresumes.USA-ASL@dachser.com.