Join the excitement of a dynamic company that leads the logistics industry with a worldwide range of logistics services. For 90 years, DACHSER USA has provided intelligent logistics services and now employs over 30,600 people worldwide in 399 locations globally.
DACHSER USA is currently seeking a service-oriented individual to join its Phoenix AZ Office to serve as an Ocean Specialist. This position will work closely with our customers to coordinate and communicate all aspects of ocean shipments for DACHSER USA’s Air & Sea Logistics division.
Responsibilities of the position include:
- Coordinates ocean import/export shipments with origins, shippers, truckers and steamship lines.
- Sets up bookings, arranges delivery for inland transportation and follows up to ensure shipments have reached their final destinations.
- Converts and verifies shipment weights and volumes. Calculates rates with ability to convert pricing and rates
- Responsible for audit compliance with FMC regulations and Corporate policies and procedures.
- Supports local sales efforts with timely responses to rate requests.
- Maintains communications with customers, carriers, vendors and other DACHSER offices.
Requirements of the position include:
- High school diploma or its equivalent.
- Minimum 2 years of experience working in ocean import/export at a freight forwarding company.
- Strong knowledge and experience with contract interpretation.
- Ability to negotiate rates with steamship lines.
- Hazardous Materials experience a plus.
- Desire and ability to provide excellent customer service required. Position will interact with customers by phone, email and in-person frequently.
- Professional demeanor, including excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in Windows programs, specifically Word and Excel.
- Stellar organizational skills and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
DACHSER USA offers a generous benefits package and competitive salary.
To apply, please forward your resume, cover letter and salary request to:
Hiring Manager at hrresumes.USA-ASL@dachser.com. Local applicants only, please.
DACHSER USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a drug-free workplace.