Ocean Import Specialist
Join the excitement of a dynamic company that leads the logistics industry with a worldwide range of logistics services. For 90+ years, DACHSER USA has provided intelligent logistics services and now employs over 30,600 people worldwide in 399 locations globally.
DACHSER USA is currently seeking a dedicated and knowledgeable Ocean Import Specialist to join its Atlanta Office located in East Point, GA. This position will support DACHSER USA’s ocean import activities for its Air & Sea Logistics division.
Responsibilities of the position include:
- Coordinates Ocean import shipments with origin, shippers, truckers and steamship lines.
- Arranges delivery for inland transportation and follows up to ensure shipments have reached their final destinations.
- Converts and verifies shipment weights and volumes. Calculates rates with ability to convert pricing and rates
- Responsible for audit compliance with FMC regulations and Corporate policies and procedures.
- Supports local sales efforts with timely responses to emails and rate requests.
- Maintains communications with customers, carriers, vendors and other DACHSER offices.
Requirements of the position include:
- High school diploma or its equivalent.
- Minimum 2 years of experience working in ocean preferred.
- Strong knowledge and experience with contract interpretation.
- Ability to negotiate rates with steamship lines.
- Hazardous Materials experience a plus.
- Desire and ability to provide excellent customer service required. Position will interact with customers by phone, email and in-person frequently.
- Professional demeanor, including excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in Windows programs, specifically Word and Excel.
- Stellar organizational skills and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
DACHSER offers a generous benefits package and competitive salary.
To apply, please forward your resume, cover letter and salary request to:
Hiring Manager at hrresumes.USA-ASL@dachser.com. Local applicants only, please.
DACHSER USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a drug-free workplace.