Air Import Specialist
Join the excitement of a dynamic company that leads the logistics industry with a worldwide range of logistics services. For 90+ years, DACHSER USA has provided intelligent logistics services and now employs over 30,600 people worldwide in 399 locations globally.
DACHSER USA is currently seeking a knowledgeable Air Import Specialist to join its Atlanta Office located in East Point, GA. This position will support DACHSER USA’s air import activities.
Responsibilities of the position include:
- Coordinate and monitor highly critical air freight import shipments end to end.
- Proactively communicate disruptions.
- Insure shipments are picked up and flown as booked from origin locations around the world.
- Manage and execute the flow of information and documents for each process.
- Track and input arrival and customs clearance statuses.
- Arrange final mile delivery.
- Insure SOP and tariff compliance along with best practices and efficiencies.
- Troubleshoot air import shipments.
Requirements of the position include:
- High school diploma or its equivalent.
- 2+ years freight forwarding experience in air import.
- Strong knowledge and experience with rate card interpretation.
- Desire and ability to provide excellent customer service.
- Regular, direct interaction with customers by phone and email.
- Professional demeanor, excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in Windows programs, specifically Word and Excel.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
DACHSER offers a generous benefits package and competitive salary.
To apply, please forward your resume, cover letter and salary request to:
Hiring Manager at hrresumes.USA-ASL@dachser.com. Local applicants only, please.
DACHSER USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a drug-free workplace.