Air Import Specialist
Join the excitement of a dynamic company that leads the logistics industry with a worldwide range of logistics services. For 90 years, DACHSER USA has provided intelligent logistics services and now employs over 30,600 people worldwide in 399 locations globally.
DACHSER USA is currently seeking a knowledgeable Air Import Specialist to join its Chicago Office located in Elk Grove Village, IL. This position will support DACHSER USA’s air import activities.
Responsibilities of the position include:
- Coordinates customer air import shipments with vendors, shippers, truckers and airlines.
- Comprehension of INCO Terms and ability to execute air shipments according to documentation.
- Arranges deliveries for inland transportation and follows up to ensure shipments have reached their final destinations.
- Converts and verifies shipment weight and volume. Calculates rates and price conversions.
- Responsible for audit compliance and corporate policies and procedures.
- Supports local sales efforts with timely responses to emails and rate requests.
- Maintains communications with customers, carriers, vendors and other DACHSER offices.
Requirements of the position include:
- High school diploma or its equivalent.
- Minimum 2 years of experience working in air import preferred.
- Strong knowledge and experience with contract interpretation.
- Ability to negotiate rates with airlines and truckers
- Hazardous Materials experience a plus.
- Desire and ability to provide excellent customer service required. Position will interact with customers by phone, email and in-person frequently.
- Professional demeanor, including excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in Windows programs, specifically Word and Excel.
- Stellar organizational skills and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
To apply, please forward your resume, cover letter and salary request to:
Hiring Manager at hrresumes.USA-ASL@dachser.com. Local applicants only, please.
DACHSER USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a drug-free workplace.